Is it Really Worth the Effort Anymore?


A video compilation of cosplay photos submitted to a forum, and while the forum responded to the still with an emoji, the still didn't make the cut. Apparently, it seems that one must be an award winner, be screen-accurate, have a professional photographer shoot & edit your cosplay, or just not be invisible.

I have plans for two more events in "full" cosplays: Buzz Lightyear will be retired after the Sacramento Santa Parade, and Captain Olimar will go on "reserve status" after the Weekend Blender con in Clovis. I made this decision after both of these turned out to remain invisible even after having reached out to people (difficult for me as an Autistic person). No invites into groups, even though they were at tables directly adjacent to mine at the Theme Party, and I was able to piece together about fifteen seconds of video. One of those clips had my Olimar giving one last look back in case anyone was looking for me before going out the door.

Chase is one of my "casual" cosplays that I made so that I can still be in the spirit of things while taking photos of others who might otherwise be invisible themselves. There will be more recycling and repurposing to be sure, as an emotionally inspired phase of the Great Pare Down sets into motion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosplay Revival 2024

Brutal Reality and the Promise of Friends