A Journey That Inspires Another Journey



I made a second trip to Baraboo, WI for the Big Top Parade, and my time within Baraboo was an absolute gem in the weeklong trip. On the way to Baraboo, I rode the California Zephyr train to Omaha, NE where I then rented a car (actually turned out to be a tank of a truck in the form of a Nissan Titan). Aboard the train, all went fairly well, but I picked up on some underlying judgment from another passenger.

In the Lounge car, I took a seat and someone nearby lamented that the reading lamp wasn't working. I tried clicking the buttons for both, figuring that perhaps he only tried one of the two, or perhaps there was a loose connection and my heavy-handed button-pushing might make that evident. He commented "I'm an electrician, so ..." and that gave me the impression that he thought of me as a fat buffoon. Whether or not this was the case, it wasn't isolated during the journey in both directions.

Two decades ago, I made a conscious effort and lost 100lbs (45kg) over a year. prompted by toxic co-workers with whom I had no desire to commiserate with their health concerns and social issues. I felt that I was taken more seriously after that, and lament the regaining of that excess fat over the next decade or so. I plan to attempt a personal weight loss program again, within my autistic comfort levels (food texture aversion and disdain for getting so sweaty that my eyes sting and my clothes get soaked), and likely will be suspending my cosplay efforts for the time being.

My cosplay collection has expanded a bit, but is still more select than in the past, and have decided that a massive upgrade to my space suit will become my "main" with optional accessories as Captain Olimar x Apollo-Soyuz Test Project (ASTP). My goal is twofold, with the weight loss paramount along with the space suit upgrade project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosplay Revival 2024

Brutal Reality and the Promise of Friends